DigiFab® Digoxin Immune Fab (Ovine) is a sterile, purified, lyophilized preparation of digoxin-immune ovine Fab (monovalent) immunoglobulin fragments.1
Each vial of DigiFab® Digoxin Immune Fab (Ovine), which will bind approximately 0.5 mg digoxin, contains 40 mg of digoxin immune Fab, 75 mg (approx) of mannitol USP, and 2 mg (approx) sodium acetate USP as a buffering agent.1
The product contains no preservatives and is intended for intravenous administration after reconstitution with 4 mL of Sterile Water for Injection USP.1
DigiFab® Digoxin Immune Fab (Ovine)1:
Read about how DigiFab® is produced »
Read about mechanism of action of DigiFab® »
Read about the efficacy and risks of DigiFab® »
- Rapidly binds to and neutralizes digoxin with measurable results
- Rapidly reduces levels of free digoxin to undetectable2
- More than 40% of digoxin excreted by 24 hours
- 93% of patients resolved their digoxin poisoning by 20 hours
- DigiFab® [prescribing information]. BTG International Inc. January 2012.
- Ward SB, Sjostrom L, Ujhelyi MR. Comparison of the Pharmacokinetics and In Vivo Bioaffinity of DigiTAb Versus Digibind. Ther Drug Monit 2000;22(5):599-607.
To report an adverse event or for 24-hour medical information, call 1-877-377-3784